July Update from 3 Balls Racing

More
7 years 4 days ago #1124 by HeadBall
HeadBall created the topic: July Update from 3 Balls Racing
Greetings from 3 Balls Racing. I hope you are all enjoying your summer and the current race season. Much has happened since my last note, so I wanted to get everyone up to speed.

First, and foremost, the Baller nation outdid itself for our charity event to benefit The Karmanos Cancer Institute. Our goal was to raise $15,000 to help fund the new pathology lab. Once all the donations were counted, we blew away our goal to the tune of $19,786. 3 Balls Racing is rounding that number up to $20,000. I am currently working with the Karmanos staff to setup a check presentation ceremony. Details of that will be posted on our website forum and Facebook page. Once again, all the participants, families, friends, staff, and track personnel wowed me with their generosity. You should all be very proud of your efforts. Thank you.

It’s hard to believe, but we only have three more events scheduled for the year. We will be at Waterford Hills next Friday, July 19. As of this moment, there are only 7 spots remaining. If you would like to sign up, jump on the website. This event is limited to 45 people and 3 run groups, so there will be plenty of track time.

After Waterford, we head to Grattan Raceway for Labor Day weekend, August 31 and September 1. Our Memorial Day weekend at Grattan sold out about two weeks before the event, so make sure you register early. There are plenty of spots open right now, but registration has been picking up. Cost of the event is $200/day or $360 for the weekend. Garages will also be available to rent from the track. There is no charge to camp at the track. Many of us will arrive at the track Friday afternoon/evening to get the camping started properly. Everyone is welcome to join.

The official close to the season will be our event at Mid-Ohio on Monday, September 16. I say it every time, but if you have not been to Mid-Ohio, you are missing out on one of the best tracks in the Midwest. We will run the club course configuration. Garages will be available to rent from 3 Balls Racing. Please check the website forum (Events section) for information on the garages. There will be a group camping outside of gate 1 the night before. As Sunday is the Head Ball’s birthday, the camping should be rather special. Please join us.

That wraps up this update. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me.

Thank you
Head Ball
Aka Ken
248-622-6939
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

When two just won't do...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds