• AndyW
  • AndyW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Baller
  • Baller
  • Does that guy know it's raining?
More
4 years 3 months ago #2807 by AndyW
AndyW created the topic: Harry's import
Dropped my old phone and hit it with a hammer repeatedly. For some reason, it cracked. I break shit. Got a replacement phone using my Verizon warranty. Old and new phones are identical Samsung Galaxy Note 3, for what it's worth.

I'm trying to retrieve all of my Harry's lap data over to the new phone. The Harry's website FAQ describes exporting a .hlptrl file from the old phone, then importing it into the new one.

When I email myself the .hlptrl file as described in the FAQ, it arrives in my inbox as a .hlptrz.msg or .hlptrz.ems file (I’ve tried this multiple times; not sure I understand why it comes in differently on different attempts). Laptimer doesn’t recognize the .msg or .ems extension, so I renamed the file in a DOS window to .hlptrl

Laptimer recognizes the renamed file and appears to successfully import it, but bring in 0 laps, 0 vehicles, 0 GPS fixes and no apparent data. I’m attempting to import a couple hundred laps and 47k GPS fixes, etc.

Anyone done this successfully? What's the trick?

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #2809 by sig11
sig11 replied the topic: Harry's import
Did you select "All" for the laps and types options when you exported? It's been a long time since I used Harry's but I think it will send you a blank file if you don't.

• AndyW
  • AndyW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Baller
  • Baller
  • Does that guy know it's raining?
More
4 years 3 months ago #2810 by AndyW
AndyW replied the topic: Harry's import
Yeah - turns out there were two problems. First, sending it through my Exchange server somehow indelibly altered the file so that it couldn't be read as an xml, which is how it started life. I wound up posting it to dropbox (Harry's only lets you email it, or post it to dropbox. How convenient), then trying a couple of times until I figured out to choose "All" laps.

They all came in, so now I can visually reminisce about chasing Ken for the entire winter.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds