Missing it.

More
1 year 9 months ago #2838 by got2boostit2
got2boostit2 created the topic: Missing it.
Track day withdrawal post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #2839 by zeitgeist
zeitgeist replied the topic: Missing it.
Try taking 2 seasons off from trackdays. That is withdrawal. I am building an Exocet which I just mounted the chassis and frame last week. The goal is to have it track worthy by June. Moving to OH,retiring and remodeling the kitchen,laundry room bedroom and building a functional garage have taken a time and energy toll.

More
1 year 9 months ago #2840 by got2boostit2
got2boostit2 replied the topic: Missing it.
Ohio? And the Exocet sounds like a nice project.

More
1 year 9 months ago #2841 by zeitgeist
My wife got a job here about 3 years ago. I waited until I retired and moved down. It has been so much better than I could have expected. Mortgage with taxes and insurance is less than we paid for rent and that's for 1650 sq ft ranch with 2 car attached garage and half acre on a dead end street. Car insurance for 12 Impreza and 15 WRX was $2650 in MI and here is $902. We are about an hour from Mid Ohio. I have been to the BMV Ohios Secretary of State 4-5 times and every time they have been nice and helpful and I was in and out in less than 45 mins on the longest visit.

The Exocet is getting exciting now that it is beyond multiple parts in the garage and more a car that needs a few parts to be complete. Nothing like a 1600lb Miata with a cage and 2" wider track width but I have to get it driving first.

More
1 year 9 months ago #2842 by ZackToren
ZackToren replied the topic: Missing it.
Good thing we happen to be coming to Mid Ohio on June 6th... If that is a little motivation for you!

More
1 year 9 months ago #2843 by got2boostit2

zeitgeist wrote: My wife got a job here about 3 years ago. I waited until I retired and moved down. It has been so much better than I could have expected. Mortgage with taxes and insurance is less than we paid for rent and that's for 1650 sq ft ranch with 2 car attached garage and half acre on a dead end street. Car insurance for 12 Impreza and 15 WRX was $2650 in MI and here is $902. We are about an hour from Mid Ohio. I have been to the BMV Ohios Secretary of State 4-5 times and every time they have been nice and helpful and I was in and out in less than 45 mins on the longest visit.

The Exocet is getting exciting now that it is beyond multiple parts in the garage and more a car that needs a few parts to be complete. Nothing like a 1600lb Miata with a cage and 2" wider track width but I have to get it driving first.

Good for you. Any pictures of the Exocet?

More
1 year 9 months ago #2871 by zeitgeist
I am hoping to make it to Mid OH in June but it may be close.

Here is the link to my build thread.

mevowners.proboards.com/thread/7256/zeit...chassis-build?page=1

Been working non stop on the house for the last few weeks so no car progress.

More
1 year 9 months ago #2873 by got2boostit2

zeitgeist wrote: I am hoping to make it to Mid OH in June but it may be close.

Here is the link to my build thread.

mevowners.proboards.com/thread/7256/zeit...chassis-build?page=1

Been working non stop on the house for the last few weeks so no car progress.

NIce build you have in process.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds