Gingerman Final Details

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #3239 by HeadBall
HeadBall created the topic: Gingerman Final Details
This email has a lot of information for this weekend. If you have questions, please contact me.

Here are the most important items; without these you won't get on the track:

-You were sent a link to a Google Form to complete. This form proves to us that you completed the tech inspection form. If you don't complete this form, you cannot go on track. Just a heads up for those of you using work email addresses: I know some corporate networks will not allow you to access the form. In that case, send it to your personal email and try again.

-You MUST place a piece of paper with your name on it, or write your name, on the windshield of your car for the first session. We will have a dry by station to check your name vs the list of people who submitted their tech form. We will place a sticker on your windshield and you will be set for the day. You will not have to get out of your car or even have the window down when you get your sticker. Again, without this, you will NOT get on track.

- The drivers’ meeting will be split into 4 separate run group meeting. We will start with group 2 at 8:15AM. Group 1 will
follow up at 8:30AM. Group 3 is at 8:45AM and group 4 will start at 9:10AM.

Here are some other bits of information:

-The run groups are posted here: 3ballsracing.com/forum/events

-If you have crew members coming with you, you need to send me their names so they can be added to the list of people allowed in the track. The track will not be open to the general public. If your crew members aren't on the list, they won't get in.

-As a paid driver, you will have $10 credit to the concession stand for each day you are registered. This is only for the paid driver. If you have co-drivers, only one person gets the credit.

-The track will be open at 5PM Friday, and will close after we leave on Sunday evening. Many of will be camping.....6 feet apart from each other.

-I sent out a drivers' meeting packet earlier. I have attached it here as well for those who registered after it was sent.

-Below are some other points I emailed out earlier for reference.

2. The only time you need to have direct contact with someone from the track is at check in when you arrive at the track. I spoke with track management, and Gingerman will have spots marked on the ground indicating the minimum 6 foot spacing outside the check in window. This is the same kind of spacing will have seen at the grocery store. Please respect this minimum spacing when you entering the facility.

3. The drivers’ meeting with be split into run group meetings so we limit the number of people gathered. These meetings will be held outside. Please prepare for this by dressing warmly enough. The meetings will be held in the same order the groups run on track, 2,1,3,4.

4. Instead of having you all bring a printed copy of the tech inspection form, I will email you a link to a form. This form will ask you to confirm you have read and completed the tech inspection form. By completing this form, I will have an electronic record of you tech inspection form.

5. In order to make only people who have completed the tech inspection form get on track, we will be placing a sticker on your car as you head out for the first time. To make this happen, I am asking you all to tell us your name either by having it written in large font on a sheet of paper and showing us through the windshield; or writing your name on the windshield with shoe polish. One of the 3 Balls Racing staff members will cross reference your name with the list of people who completed the tech inspection form and place the sticker on your windshield. This can be done with your window rolled up.

7. There will be no in-car instruction. Any instruction will be done through a lead-follow scenario. If you are brand new and have concerns about this, please contact me. Please understand that we have successfully put hundreds of beginners through a track day without in-car instruction.

That's a lot of information. Again, if you have questions, please contact me.

Thanks
Head Ball
aka Ken Grulich
248-622-6939
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

When two just won't do...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds